moderated Re: One User Account - Multiple Email Addresses #suggestion

James Homuth

That's one option, yes, and if you have access to the same address throughout the day it's a valid one. However, where I work I don't have access to my personal email (network level filtering for the lose). I'd like the option of adding my work email address to my account if for no other reasons than I can get admin level notifications there. Apparently you can add email aliases so you can post by email to groups you're subscribed to, so I mean it's mostly there already.

From: main@beta.groups.io [mailto:main@beta.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Moody
Sent: February-12-18 12:56 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] One User Account – Multiple Email Addresses #featurerequest #suggestion

I have filters set in my emailer (Pegasus) to send post to folders for each each group.
So email from   @beta.groups.io goes into the GrioBeta folder  etc.

OK,
Tony

On 12 Feb 2018 at 6:43, beta@... wrote about :
Subject : [beta] One User Account – Multip

It would really be nice if you could have one account but have an email address for each group you are subscribed to.  For example, have a user account as user@...  but for groups have something like cats@... and dogs@... .
I am coming from Yahoo groups where I was able to do this and it was not only very convenient for administering my groups but it made reading the posts much easier since all the posts from one group were in one place and not mixed in with posts from other groups.
I know I can make up an account for each group and I have done that but it is rather cumbersome.
A search of the archives finds this has been mentioned before and there was a hint that there was a long range plan to accomplish this, but that was almost two years ago (1Mar16)  so perhaps a "bump" would be not be out of place.  I would have just added my post to the older one rather than start a new thread, but it appears to be locked.