moderated Re: disallow banned addresses from posting in a non-subscribers can post group #suggestion

J,

It would be convenient for a non-subscribers-can-post group to be able
to prevent known spammers from posting repeatedly. My guess is that
banning an address in such a group does not accomplish that(?).
Actually, it does.

I set my test group to allow non-subscriber posting, and banned one of my test addresses. A subsequent email from that address was rejected ("bounced"):

Remote-MTA: dns; lb02.groups.io
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 You are not allowed to post to that group.
Shal