moderated Re: login suggestion for new refugees from YahooGroups

Sharon Villines

On Feb 8, 2018, at 12:32 PM, Toby Kraft <@tobykraft> wrote:

I would agree that it would be nice to have a single page where new subscribers can join the group and set their password for web access. Right now, it's two separate actions and a stumbling block for many of my subscribers also. The invite email could have 2 options: 1) Reply to subscribe with email access only -and- 2) Click link to subscribe on the web and setup web access to the group (which goes to new page where subscriber joins and sets password).
I agree. I set up a new group this morning and the password thing was the first oh-no. Explaining it is confusing. This is a list that uses their files so people will be trying to visit the website. They will see a message that says enter your password. Since they don’t have one, they will be frustrated.

The log-in needs one line to say if you haven’t set up a password, click here to set one up.

I won’t even attempt to explain the 30-day option if you don’t want to set up a password. On a large list, I would have repeated messages saying I set up my password and it disappears.

Sharon.