moderated Re: Can't access group after setting up a subgroup #bug

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 09:13 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
When you create your first subgroup, you're also creating a subdomain on
groups.io (sydney-ai-safety.groups.io in this case). That requires some DNS
changes. We do the DNS changes immediately. But it can take a few seconds
(or more) for that change to propagate to a DNS server near you. I'm
guessing that's what happened. You should be able to access your site now.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's anything I can do about this.
Would it be realistic to create a subdomain immediately when a group gets created, for all groups, just in case they decide to create subgroups later? That way, it would already be there.

JohnF