moderated Re: Update on Y! Groups transfers

David P. Dillard

What is amazing to me now is the pitiful version of Yahoo that now exists even though this type of service is very important and does so much for users as Groups.IO does in fact do daily with only one employee, Mark. Yahoo Groups is now owned by a telecommunications giant and they lack any clue as to how Yahoo Groups could become somewhat a rival to Facebook if it were exapanded, improved and fixed. Go figure.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@temple.edu

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018, J_Catlady wrote:

Yay, the lifeboats are up and running again! :-)
On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 3:43 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,
Quick update for those interested in Yahoo Group transfers. I spent some time changing the
crawler so that it retries fetching things when Yahoo throws an error, and that's worked out
pretty well. There are still cases where some messages or files cannot be downloaded, but
that's pretty rare at the moment. And I now report which messages/files/etc we were unable to
download. I've been able to start transferring groups again.
Cheers,