moderated Re: Email link to log in

Dave Sergeant

Thanks Mark. Can I mention that some of our members find the login
process at groups.io rather confusing. It is good to have the various
options for logging in but it would be far simpler if there was just a
button on the webpage saying 'register' where they could there and then
set up a password and other details with the usual emailed confirmation
link like most other sites including Yahoo do.

Dave

On 31 Jan 2018 at 21:35, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Hi Jim,

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 2:20 PM, Jim Fisher <ejf@jimella.co.uk> wrote:

When a member uses the link requesting an email to log in, all they
are told is:

"An email has been sent to you with a link to log into your account."

Since there is only a 60 minute timescale in which to respond to this
and many people will not normally see such an email until much later,
could the wording the expanded please to warn them of the time limit?

Good idea. The page now has some additional info, including the time
limit, the subject line and sender name of the email and advice to check
their spam folder.

http://davesergeant.com