moderated Edit message without notifying OP #suggestion

Apologies if this has been asked for before, I think it has, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I would like to be able to edit messages without notifying the OP. I don't want to do this for nefarious purposes, but sometimes it's better for all concerned. For example, I just had to edit a post where somebody named her vet, which is against group guidelines, so I removed the vet name. However, the post was announcing her cat had died, so she will be unnecessarily told about something that she will probably never need to know again, and which may upset her further.

Thanks.

Helen