locked Re: How would groups.io deal with abuse?

Hi Ronaldo,

Groups.io has the usual assortment of abuse email addresses (postmaster@ and support@ being the two main ones). We have triggers on the direct add function which when tripped, cause the adds to be queued for us to moderate. Between that and the fact that direct add is only available for paid groups, hopefully we won't have an issue with abuse.

(Note that subgroups have the direct add function, but only for people who are already subscribed to the parent group. I don't believe that the possibility of abuse is the same in that scenario.)

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM, ro-esp <ro-esp@...> wrote:
Yahoogroups removed the add-feature because too many mods abused it. I understand groups.io does/will have it.

Will there be a complaint-adress? Will abuse mods get their status revoked or something?

I also thing yahoogroups has a webpage where people can "opt-out" of all invitations, but I don't think that's a good idea - because it would be too restrictive for bonafide groups

              groetjes, Ronaldo
--
http://www.esperanto..net  http://www.moneyasdebt.net