moderated Re: Happy New Year!

Marv Waschke

Are you expecting post-patch performance issues? 30% hits keep being mentioned, but I suspect that will depend a lot on circumstances— some processes hit hard, others barely touched. Best, Marv Waschke

From: main@beta.groups.io [mailto:main@beta.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Fletcher
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 9:17 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Happy New Year!

Hi All,

As I mentioned, I thought there would have to be some downtime soon to patch a couple of security flaws. Perhaps you've seen the coverage of the Meltdown and Spectre flaws in the news. Anyways, I still don't have a timeframe yet as to when it will happen. If I had to guess, it'll be some time this weekend, but I'm still waiting on Linode to give us answers. There is also a possibility that there might have to be two downtime periods. I just don't know yet. Hopefully, the downtime will be limited to at most an hour. I will post more when I know.

I am still working through the backlog of group transfers, but should be caught up tomorrow. Support email should also be caught up after tomorrow. And then I will get to the beta@ messages.

Thanks, Mark