moderated Re: Happy New Year!

Douglas Swearingen <dougiebehr460@...>

Thank You Mark for everything you do to make groups.io the success it is.

Doug

On Thursday, January 4, 2018 10:16 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,
As I mentioned, I thought there would have to be some downtime soon to patch a couple of security flaws. Perhaps you've seen the coverage of the Meltdown and Spectre flaws in the news. Anyways, I still don't have a timeframe yet as to when it will happen. If I had to guess, it'll be some time this weekend, but I'm still waiting on Linode to give us answers. There is also a possibility that there might have to be two downtime periods. I just don't know yet. Hopefully, the downtime will be limited to at most an hour. I will post more when I know.
I am still working through the backlog of group transfers, but should be caught up tomorrow. Support email should also be caught up after tomorrow. And then I will get to the beta@ messages.
Thanks, Mark