moderated User-friendly message rejection after attempt to post to a locked thread #suggestion

I'm having deja-vu and may have requested this in the past, but if so, I'm repeating the suggestion now after a message I got from a group member yesterday who had tried to post via email to a locked thread:

"my email got destroyed by the locked thread (the “message failed”response spit it back to me with all kinds of code, all chopped up). I’m so upset (also devastated and exhausted). While I love this group, it was always so complicated, difficult, etc"

How hard would it be to send a simple rejection message to the tune of "This topic has been locked" when the topic has been locked, instead of spewing the bounce code back at the person? The member above at least got to the "reason" section of the bounce, but some people don't see it and just email me about their failed attempt to reply to a message.

Thanks and Happy New Year!