moderated Checks on e-mail addresses

It's surprlsing how few pending members respond to the pending membership questionnaire (fewer than on yahoo!groups, I would say) but I've found an explanation for some of them. I've realised that some people type their e-mail address incorrectly when signing up, so they never receive any messages from groups.io. For example, last week I had a (never confirmed) pending member whose e-mail address ended with virginmedoa,com, when they almost certainly meant virginmedia.com.

When you shop online and are asked for your e-mail address, you are often asked to type it in twice to avoid this sort of problem. Perhaps Mark could consider doing something similar with groups if possible.

Thank you.

Helen