From: Arno Martens <snetram@sympatico.ca>
To: main@beta.groups.io
Date created: , 4:10:01 PM
Subject: [beta] Suggestion: Make custom footer more noticeable

Tue, 28 Nov 2017 01:17:53 +0200, "Andre Polykanine" <andre@oire.org>,
wrote:

I'm talking about the following, I'll try to put it right now:
When you create a group or change its settings, there is an edit field
(text area) for a gfooter. This footer gets added to every single
message posted to group, and it's OK.
But! When this footer is present, it actually goes not directly after
the message, but after the Groups.io links section.
What I suggest (and I also did it privately before) is to put this
custom footer just below the message.

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre

Andre, that worked perfectly.
Everything below and including the delimiter deleted when I clicked the
R(eply) key.

The reason why it is still shown in my reply is that I high lighted all
the quoted text which is seen before clicking R.

You said you were using eMail. If you use a signature file with various
messages, all following your current signature block, other will see the
message above the IO footer.

When you now compose a post, select the signature+message you want to
send and they will always be above the IO specific information and, if
others using proper eMail conventions, everything below the
[dash][dash][space][Carriage Return]
will disappear upon replying.
--
Regards,