moderated Re: Let moderated users know they're moderated #suggestion #bug

Noel Leaver

> On my groups we do much as Donald does. We do not want to let members know when they're moderated because for some it would be come another reason to complain to the moderators. We have some that we keep on moderation for various reasons, such as habitually posting blank or meaningless posts, or some who tend to be a little inflammatory in their wording. It causes much fewer problems for us to keep that information private to the moderators.

I agree. Apart from new users, we use moderation mainly when an exchange seems to be getting overheated after a warning message on the group. Messages are usually approved quickly anyway and telling people they were on moderation would do no good and might annoy them more.

Noel