moderated Re: Cases of email address spoofing?

Jim,

That is not where my messages are sent from, but is my own domain name
and through which I receive messages. My outgoing messages are sent
directly via my ISP (Talktalk), which is not where my domain name is
registered and located.
Yup, the filter I propose would catch your messages, where straight SPF would pass them.

One work-around (I think) would be for you to enter your ISP email address into the Email Alias field in your account's Email Alias field (at the bottom of the Login page in your account), then have your ISP send your messages without spoofing your domain address.

Groups.io would then recognize your ISP address as an alias for your domain address and allow your sent messages to post while still sending outbound messages to your domain address.

Shal