locked Re: Reply to group/sender & user names

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 6:27 PM, CatWoman <diana@...> wrote:
On 1/30/2015 4:57 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

    Reply to group vs reply to sender looks like it's currently only
    available as a default setting for the group. Can we have it
    available as a choice for individual emails, both via the group site
    and also via email? Is that possible to do?

It's not currently available. I don't know how that'd work via email.

Going through a *lot* of back mail, and testing every list that
I can find, from email, apparently if the "Reply To" field is
set to go to the poster (which means "Reply" goes to the poster,
not the list), then "Reply All" will include the list if the
list is the "To" field.

Right. So if you want to have your users have the option of (easily) selecting where their reply goes, you should have your group set to Reply to sender. Then, in their mail program, they can decide whether to do a group reply or to the individual.