moderated Re: timestamp of message - change to time sent instead of approved? #suggestion

Marlin47

I was not going to respond to this subject, but, I was just sure that on my groups that the time stamp on a moderated message was the time it was originally sent, not when it was approved.

As time went on and there were more and more messages on this topic, I decided to look at one of my groups and make sure.

I didn't have to look back very far, I have one moderated member on an otherwise unmoderated group who sent a message to the group, the notice to the moderators that his message needed approval came to me at 1:04 AM Central time,  on the eleventh, which was very early yesterday morning.

The message was not seen/approved by one of my moderators until 2:23 PM Central time yesterday afternoon.

That's more than 13 hours later.

When the approved message came in to me, it was time stamped at 1:04 AM, the time it came in for approval.

So, what is that, a contradiction?

Marlin

On 11/12/2017 3:11 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 01:01 pm, Duane wrote:
I was looking at a group where most are not moderated, but a few are.
I don't think it makes much difference. The only time conversations get screwed up, in my experience, is when posts are being moderated and are therefore sometimes posted out of order. I don't see how a timestamp can possibly make a conversation confusing. It's the order they're posted and displayed in that confuses. The timestamp showing when the member actually sent the message makes more sense to me and would be a more accurate indication of who SAID what when, not who was APPROVED when.