moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

Douglas M.

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 05:14 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: Calendar event reminders now are sent as coming from the group itself instead of a noreply@ address.
NO NO NO NO NO!  This is one of the reasons I switched from Y!Groups.  When event notices/reminders are sent out that require an RSVP I want them to either use the directions specified in the notice or to hit the RSVP link, if provided.  Lazy and confused readers often just hit reply which then sends everyone a notice saying they are want to RSVP (or have a question or whatever) and this causes people to unsubscribe due to too many messages clogging their mail.  Using a noreply address was working SOOOOOOOO nice.  I was wondering why I started getting these irritating replies like I used to.  WHY did you change this???  Could it at least be an option to choose when you add a calendar entry or in settings?????.