moderated Re: disable members deleting posts #suggestion

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 09:16 am, Duane wrote:
If there were a way to prevent deletion of the entire post (which I disagree with), then I think it should also be mandatory that they be able to delete their content from it by editing
Based on what? The more I think about this, the more I think there's not even a legal grounds for allowing people to remove or edit their posts. First, they give groups.io (non-exclusive) rights the moment they publish their message. Second, their message is often duplicated in the replies of others, and those can't be removed by the person whose post is quoted. So on what basis should people be allowed to remove their posts?