moderated Re: disable members deleting posts #suggestion

Duane

If there were a way to prevent deletion of the entire post (which I disagree with), then I think it should also be mandatory that they be able to delete their content from it by editing. That would mean that Delete and Edit would be mutually exclusive, so you'd have to decide which is more important.

As an aside, can a post be deleted by the poster if the thread is locked? I haven't had a chance to test this, but it would make sense to me that a locked thread should be just that - locked - and no changes could be made except by a moderator. In that case, the poster could contact a moderator and ask that the content be removed, but you could leave the post in place with an explanation.