locked Re: Reply to group/sender & user names

Apologies for getting back to this only now....

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 4:14 AM, pnrfan@... <pnrfan@...> wrote:
Reply to group vs reply to sender looks like it's currently only available as a default setting for the group. Can we have it available as a choice for individual emails, both via the group site and also via email? Is that possible to do?

It's not currently available. I don't know how that'd work via email.

Also, is there an option to have replies go only to list owner and moderators? We use that for one group which only really needs to have minimal volume. Everyone gets the notice and only the people who can assist at that time need to get back to the listowner to confirm their availability.

Good idea. I just added that to the site.

A separate issue: what's the current character limit on user names? Currently on Wiggio, I can add people and include their full name plus organization they're with so when they post messages, the group can easily identify them. It's important for us to have that as it saves some questions back and forth in our network and cuts down on email volume.

Realistically, there's no limit (I mean, there is, but you shouldn't bump into it).

When they post messages, this comes through in the FROM field of the email:
FirstName LastName OrganizationSTATE <groupname@...>

If you invite them like that, and they post from the web site, their messages will come through like that. If they post via email, whatever name their email client is configured to use will come through. I'm guessing, but I don't think people would like us to muck with that.