moderated Re: Delete pending messages when a member unsubs

Here's a possible reason not to: A moderator who is empowered to see and approve pending messages, but who is not notified of members joining and leaving the group, may see the pending message, be unaware that the member has left, and send it through. It's then a message from a non-member.

But I guess whether or not it's a message from a non-member is similar to debates about "conception." Is the message already a "message" right after it's created (by a then-member) and when it's still just pending, or does it only become a message when it's sent to the group? I would say the latter, so I think deleting (aka aborting) a pending message from someone who is no longer a member makes the most sense.

But those are just my thoughts. I don't really care about this one way or the other.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Currently, when a member unsubscribes from a group, any pending messages from them are also removed. I've been asked to change this so that the pending messages are not removed. I can't think of any reasons to not make this change. Am I missing something?