moderated Re: Guidelines tab

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 3:46 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Yes, great. But although we can then send a link to the wiki page to (a) new members and (b) people who need a reminder, sending the link is unhelpful to people who only use email and never log in. If at least new members could also be emailed the text automatically (in addition to sending automatically to everyone once a month), that would be a great boon. So would adding the ability to send it individually on demand.

So you'd like the option for it to go out like the welcome message goes out? I'm a little concerned about whether this makes things more complicated and if there's overlap conceptually between the welcome message and the guidelines message. With the member notices, we have them all in one place. Here's this new thing, the guidelines message, that's completely separate, yet kind of functions similarly. I'm concerned about things getting confusing. Instead of a wiki page, do I just create a new member notice, called Guidelines, that has extra options to send out monthly/special? But then, could you create multiple Guidelines pages? And then do we end up with a situation where every month I get 10 guidelines emails from every group?