moderated Re: Guidelines tab

Mark,

Yes, great. But although we can then send a link to the wiki page to (a) new members and (b) people who need a reminder, sending the link is unhelpful to people who only use email and never log in. If at least new members could also be emailed the text automatically (in addition to sending automatically to everyone once a month), that would be a great boon. So would adding the ability to send it individually on demand.

Also, I would like the auto-email to go out as a special notice,

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2017, at 3:04 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. Shal, I understand your proposal, but it definitely implies a level of complexity, both in terms of UI and implementation. I do like the flexibility of utilizing the calendar for sending out notices, but a lot of the feedback I've received over the years is that it's not intuitive.

It seems like if there's an option to send out the guidelines page once a month automatically, that maybe that takes care of the majority of what people want in terms of an automatic notice system?

So, modified proposal:

- Designate a wiki page as a guidelines page
- There'd also be a checkbox to indicate that this page should be emailed out once a month to everyone except people on No Mail.
- I'd also add additional visibility/permissions options for every wiki page, so that moderators could hide pages from subscribers.

Make sense?

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Jeremy,

> Over all groups, I suspect there are some using the wiki for their
> own, 'random', purposes, within which group guidelines (and such)
> would not fit.

True.

Such a group can create its own "home" page for the wiki, to replace the automatic index page that is there by default. That's what I've done in mine. The group's wiki home page only links to the pages that are appropriate to the group's use of the wiki;  the guidelines (and sticky) pages don't show up except in the full list of pages (which I don't expect most members to ever peruse).

> ... but separate control setting, perhaps with more restrictions on
> visibility and editability, ...

That's on my wish list for the wiki generally. There is already a per-page "mods-only may edit" control, but I'd also like to be able to control visibility on a per-page basis (mods-only, members-only, members and parent-group members only, public).

Shal

--
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum