moderated notification re cancelled invite if recipient attempts to respond #suggestion

I was testing cancelling an invitation. It turns out that if someone responds by email to an invitation (i.e., attempts to accept the invitation) but the invitation has been cancelled, they receive no notice of this, not even a bounced email. I think there should be something to communicate to them that the invitation has "expired" or whatever.