moderated Re: Guidelines tab

Sarah k Alawami

I agree. I never look at any websites when joining lists, so this would be helpful for those of us who don't want to, or cannot look at websites for such things.

Take care

On Aug 29, 2017, at 9:45 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Mark,

I think that would be great!

What would also be helpful would be an option to automatically send out the text of the Guidelines as a separate email (i.e., separate from the Welcome message) when a new member joins. That way, the text would not have to be included (and changes doubly maintained) in the Welcome message.

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

For the new Guidelines tab, here is my simple proposal:

It behaves similarly to the Sticky Wiki page setting. In the group settings page, you can select a wiki page to act as the Guidelines page. If one is selected, a Guidelines tab will appear in the group's sidebar, directly under the Home tab. Clicking the tab will display the associated wiki page. If no wiki page is selected, the Guidelines tab does not appear in the sidebar.

Thoughts?