moderated Re: Dealing with Terms of Service violations/other complaints

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 07:43 am, Everett Kaser wrote:
a single 'owner' shouldn't be able to destroy everything the group has created without just cause.
Yes, they absolutely should be able to. Including documents that I myself have singelhandedly written and posted to the site; information that I myself have researched and posted to the site; a membership that was gathered by me and attached to me because of my expertise in the area; etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc etc. The notion that deleting a group should anything at all to do with a "judgment call" by Mark is ridiculous.

One thing I agree with here is the suggestion to "disable" rather than permanently delete a group for some period of time (perhaps a few days), subject to undoing the deletion ONLY by the group owner's express wishes. Nothing else.