I do agree as well. Although doesn't one in theory need to be a member of theeparent group in order to join the child group as it were? I could be wrong I know this was discussed this week on this or the manager group I'm a part of.

Still though, the child groups should in theory need to be in the search results to help users find them.

Take care and be blessed.

On Aug 18, 2017, at 10:17 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

In principle, I agree, as I’m in a similar situation with Win10 forum where there is a subgroup designed for Windows Insiders, and I’m sure others have subgroups that should be listed in public directory.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@beta.groups.io [mailto:main@beta.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 9:41 AM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: [beta] "Find or Create a Group" search bug, or I think it is #bug

When one goes to the NVDA Group Home Page one sees a subgroup called devlearning with the e-mail address devlearning@nvda.groups.io

as well as two other subgroups.  However, if you search using "Find or Create a Group" on devlearning it returns nothing and if you search on NVDA it returns 16 different options, but none of which include the subgroups.

It seems to me that subgroups need to be included when someone is doing this type of search.
--
Brian  - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's

            Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe