moderated Allow https:// links to be automatically "linkified" when posted #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I, and many others, use HTTPS Everywhere or other security where our browsers force the use of https instead of http whenever possible.  On Groups.io if I post an http link directly into message text, e.g.,

http://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+10+disable+password+after+sleep&t=h_&atb=v33-7__&ia=web

it consistently automatically gets converted to a click through link, while if I use and https link:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+10+disable+password+after+sleep&t=h_&atb=v33-7__&ia=web

I now suspect this may be (and for either) because you must hit the space bar afterward in order for the "linkification" to take place.  However, there have been many times when I just paste a link and hit send, and it's not "linkified".   I'll try that here just to see what happens:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+10+disable+password+after+sleep&t=h_&atb=v33-7__&ia=web
--
Brian  - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)
    ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's