moderated Re: Read & Unread messages contrast and saved marking

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 10:02 am, Shal Farley wrote:
In terms of what Groups.io can do about it, I don't know.
I've already discussed this with Mark offlist and he (at least initially) has said there's nothing he can do, since it's formatted correctly etc. I think he implied it's up to the app to make the distinction, if I understood correctly.

I did emphasize that the odd thing is that this is not a problem if the message comes from a group with strip-HTML (I mentioned this in the parallel thread on GMF but nobody picked up on it). So knowing that's the case, I wonder if that can be faked-out by groups.io for the non-strip-HTML groups in order for the messages to display correctly on the back end even in those groups.