moderated Re: Read & Unread messages contrast and saved marking

Sarah,

2. Also, after restart all messages are shown as unread. I suggest the "read" marking be retained (as on yahoo) so that it's easy to find one's place each time.
The read marking is a function of your browser history both here and on Yahoo Groups. Having Groups.io keep track of read messages is on the To-Do list, but in the "Pie in the sky" category.
https://trello.com/c/m1HaX8DC/18-keep-track-of-read-unread-messages-on-the-website

3. Also, not sure if it's a bug or a device issue, but the 'reply in context' lines show up on our computers and iphone but not on my husband's samsung smart phone, so he cannot tell on that device what is the original message and what is the reply in context.
That may depend on what mail reader app he's using. Block quotes seem adequately visible on my Android using the Gmail app:
Screenshot with blockquote

Note that the purple color is apparently being done by the Gmail app on Android: it doesn't look that way in Gmail on the web; there the quoted matter is black but indented a tab stop and lacking the line down the left side. I think these are all different renderings of the HTML <blockquote> element, and not under Groups.io's control (unless Mark were to try style tricks to override the default rendering). I'm not sure how much control the various email apps might give the user, but I'd guess "none" - particularly for mobile apps.

Your husband's best bet might be to use the View/Reply Online link at the bottom of such messages - as that's the place where Groups.io has control over the rendering style of blockquotes.

Shal