moderated Re: +subscribe address is a black hole if email address is banned #suggestion #bug

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:32 am, J_Catlady wrote:

Bug:  A banned email address
sending an email to +subscribe
If they
do send an email, it should be logged in the group and the email address
should receive a notice that they can't join because they're banned. Neither
of those now happens - both sides are left in the dark.
A banned person is left in the dark - good I think. Receiving a notice can nudge the undesirable person to use another email address. I'm against sending a notice. But I'd like all messages to +subscribe to be logged with the text like "emailed to +subscribe (not confirmed yet)".