moderated Re: Subgroup storage policy change/enforcing storage limits

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 01:39 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:

I just made a change to how we handle storage limits with subgroups. Previously, the space used by all subgroups of a group was totaled up and included in the storage used by the main group. So, for a free group with two subgroups, the total amount of storage available to those 3 groups was 1GB. I've changed it so that all groups and subgroups are independent of each other when calculating storage used. So, for a free group, a main group will have 1GB of storage and each subgroup will also have 1GB of storage.

I had a change of heart about this over vacation and have rolled back this change. I think from a business perspective as well as a product perspective, it makes more sense that a group and all subgroups share a unified amount of storage space.

Thanks, Mark