moderated Re: New editor - slow typing?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 09:54 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've removed the word count. Please let me know if this fixes the slowness
issue.
Bad news. This morning the gentleman from Germany reports:
Sorry for the delay - time zone differences...
I tried again and the slowdown is still there, maybe a tiny little bit less pronounced, but still very noticeable and not acceptable.
I did another experiment: after experiencing the slowdown I selected the whole text and deleted it and started to type fresh text into the edit field.
Even then, with just a few characters the slowdown prevailed. So it must be something different.
This is on my business computer, which is often updated Windows and Internet Explorer updates.

The Info field says
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18665
Update version 11.042 (KB4018271)

I also tried the test editor at https://www.tinymce.com/ ( https://www.tinymce.com/ ) and had no problems to type very long texts.
If this is a specific problem on my system I can live with using Chrome instead.

Copied and pasted this note as typing response is now down to about 1 char/second.

So, it appears (to me) to be something else, and that something else is triggered by the browser's code (since Chrome works fine) AND (maybe) the 'distance' (in terms of machine hops) between his machine and the Groups.io server.

Everett