moderated Re: New editor - slow typing?

Jennifer,

I reformat the text of spread-out messages so they are tight on the
page -- for easier reading and reduce scrolling -- as a courtesy to
my members.
I don't have any reason to believe it would matter, but just for clarity: you're talking about editing the messages while pending, correct? (As opposed to messages already posted.)

Message writers' signature blocks often appear with (invisible)
paragraph returns and coded extra line spacing between the lines of
text. Since I don't "do" html, I have to figure out how to snug up
the lines.
It would be very handy if there were a display option to show the HTML element boundaries, and let one put the cursor deliberately inside or between them. A little like MS Word's Show/Hide ΒΆ button allows you to see some invisible elements. I don't think I've ever seen an HTML editor with a feature like that, until now.

The View menu in the example at ephox's website has a Show Blocks checkbox which looks a lot like what I'm after. I don't know if that's a feature Mark can surface for us, but it could be helpful.
https://www.tinymce.com/

I couldn't make that trick work in the new editor, until by stabbing
around in frustration I hit upon CTRL+ RETURN -- which works.
Thanks for that. I haven't seen this behavior yet - Return and Ctrl+Return and Shift+Return all seem to do the same thing in the simple test cases I've tried - but I'll try to remember it in case I run into that situation.

Shal