moderated New editor - slow typing?

A member of two of the groups I own/moderate has just posted this:

Since about 2 weeks I experience incredibly slow response when typing text into a message editor window.
After typing in the first 10 or 20 characters each character seems to be echoed with a speed of 300, nah, more like 1-5 baud.
Is it only me who experiences this slowdown? Or the system's reminder to keep replies short?
"2 weeks" ago is awfully suspicious that this might be related to the "new editor" changes.
I've asked for the browser and OS that he's running, and will add that here when I get a reply.
Oh, and he's located in Germany.

Everett