locked Re: Welcome to beta

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM, CGrlgsby via GROUPS.IO <user+250@groups.io> wrote:
Greetings,
I am not sure if this has been addressed here but as a new subscriber the welcome message copied below which I received from groups.io was sent directly to my AOL webmail spam folder. I do not have any special filters setup on my end so perhaps AOL considered it spam due to the message containing many URL's ? Stranger things have happened, yeah I know it's AOL but their email has always worked predictably more often than not since the early 90s which is more than I can say for Yahoo's products.

Hmm. I haven't heard of any other reports. We're set up to receive notification if anyone with an aol.com email address marks one of our emails as spam, and we haven't received any of those notifications. Perhaps it's an issue with us sending the email as text/html but it not containing any HTML. I'll look into it.

I hope the groups.io effort succeeds, I have managed groups on Y! since the OneList/eGroups days of the late 90s and am very unhappy with the 'new and improved' Y! groups and Y!mail. Your way of public beta testing is the way Y! should have handled their sweeping changes, not having thrust them upon unsuspecting group 'owners' and their members.

Thanks!