moderated groups.io addresses no longer figleafed, others figleafed - is this due to new editor?

I noticed this morning that groups.io email addresses (xyz@groups.io) are no longer figleafed on the web. I jumped to the conclusion that email addresses in general are no longer figleafed and I was about to celebrate, but after testing I found that others are still figleafed. Just wondering what's going on...???