moderated Re: automated, customizable "topic closed" and "topic moderated" notices #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 08:10 am, J_Catlady wrote:
I must be as dumb as a box of rocks,

At first I was going to say, "I'm willing to chalk this up to caffeine and/or sleep deprivation," since the icons denoting whether a topic is moderated or locked appear prior to the actual topic/subject itself on the web interface.

Now, however, I think we have a design deficiency, as this appears to be the case only when one is using Topics view (which I use exclusively except for testing).  When I go to messages view, and am looking at messages in the topics, "New HTML Footer" and "Site Updates," both of which are moderated and clearly indicated as such in topics view, I see that no such icon is assigned to the individual messages.

From my point of view, this is a major issue.  If a topic is locked or moderated there should be a consistent iconographic indicator of such regardless of the particular view a user happens to be using.

Had there been a consistent icon indicator I'd stick with my "dumb as a box of rocks" comment, but in message view the waters muddy quite a bit and this could easily escape a reader's notice.
--
Brian

       Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

             ~ Winston Churchill