moderated Re: automated, customizable "topic closed" and "topic moderated" notices #suggestion

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 11:30 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

The idea was suggested by a member of our admin team and we are working out the details, but I immediately had the impulse to want it to be automated. So, is this possible? Could there be a customizable message for the lock and moderate topic situations that moderators can click on to include as the last post in a thread before it goes on moderation or is locked? I suppose it would require a new message category in "member notices," possibly "topic notice"? Then when you click on "moderate topic" or "lock topic," a dropdown would come up. Or something. Not sure whether this is more trouble than it's worth, but it would be very convenient for our group.

So, this would be a message that would be sent to the group when you lock or moderate a topic, and that message would be a part of the topic that is being locked/moderated (ie. it would be a reply to the original message that started the topic)? Or would you want this message to be displayed "out-of-band", ie. differently from how a message is displayed?