Re: Spam/bogus join requests

Taffman <webmaster@...>

Thank you Mark, that should help. I favour the approach taken by the e107 CMS sign up process. In e107 the site admin can define sign up questions and which or these are mandatory, for closed user groups simply asking them for their name and community membership number for example should be enough for the list moderator to quickly spot the genuine from the bogus. We are not plagued by this ourselves but it would help prevent the asking new sign ups for this info before allowing them onto the list.