moderated Re: Can we change the topic at the message level?

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 05:08 pm, J_Catlady wrote:
Each topic shows an excerpt from the first message in that topic. That doesn't change unless Mark decides to change the implementation (and I would vote for that).

 I don't keep track of the Trello pages, but I seem to remember that this may be somewhere on the to-do list.

I've said my piece (and so have you) on this particular issue.  This is the one and only web forum, and I participate on many, that does not show a snippet from the latest message and who the author is of that latest message in topics view (threaded view, whatever) rather than first message and first poster (but with latest message addition time, if I'm not mistaken.  I'll see in a moment or two.)

I've simply trained myself to keep track of the rough or exact message count and/or time of the most recent message I've seen on my last visit to determine which topics I need to be revisit because there have been additions.  It's a suboptimal solution, but the amount of traffic on most of the groups I frequent makes this a workable method.
--
Brian

       Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

             ~ Winston Churchill