moderated Re: Capability to add PDFs or documents #suggestion

Frances

Well, I now have a PDF in my wiki!

Thank you to Lena who sent me an example of linking to an uploaded PDF in Files to the wiki. So I uploaded the PDF to Files and used the URL from that page to insert into the wiki using the Link tool.

Works!

Frances

On May 4 17, at 3:36 PM, Frances <travel@...> wrote:

I would be happy with uploading a PDF to Files and then linking to the specific file in the wiki using the Link Tool. Whatever works! I just would like a user to go to a wiki page and find everything on that page or on a link from that page.

As for examples of adding a PDF to a wiki - a Google search adding a pdf to a wiki retrieved several. National Cancer Institute wiki. MediaWiki. Wikipedia!

Wikipedia:Creation_and_usage_of_media_files

It says that "As of March 2012, the following file types may be uploaded: png, gif, jpg/jpeg, xcf, pdf, mid, ogg/ogv/oga, svg, djvu. All others are prohibited for security reasons, and pdf and djvu are intended primarily for projects like Wikisource."

Frances

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

Every message in topics or hashtags you are following is emailed to you.
The first message of every new topic is also emailed to you.
You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#13642) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Unfollow This Topic | New Topic
Mute #suggestion | Mute #wiki