moderated Re: Obscured 'from' addresses

You state "there is no other way to reply to sender other than clicking the link to read online where you have a 'reply to sender' button enabled by the 'private' button."

I just click reply, and then type in the correct e-mail address - it's usually pretty obvious. Your example is Fredblogs=aol.com@groups.io You simply replace the = with @ and delete the @groups.io bit. So I'd type Fredblogs@aol.com

HTH

Helen

Single emails from AOL, TalkTalk and possibly others are received with
their 'FROM' addresses obscured, eg Fredblogs=aol.com@groups.io - these
addresses cannot be used to reply to the sender (I tried, they bounce).
HTML emails have a 'reply to sender' link at the bottom of the HTML
section, plain text ones do not so there is no other way to reply to