locked Re: Not getting copies of messages I sent to my group

Hi Mark,

For my group this isn't a want, it's a definite need. My users will freak if they don't get a confirmation their message went through to the group. It's one of the reasons we're looking to migrate off of Wiggio.

I think for us what would work best is to have it as the ability to set it as a group setting with the option for individual members to opt out if desired.

So far this is the only thing I've come across that would cause us not to migrate to io. The calendar looks like it's going to work pretty well for our automatic reminder notices as long as there's not a low limit to characters or file size as a couple of our notices are fairly long.

Also, another user in my test group is on gmail and she's getting copies of her messages. So people who are thinking this is being caused solely by gmail, I don't think that's it. Another tester is on AOL and she seems to be getting her messages back most of the time but occasionally not.

Thanks
Trish

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:32 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Many email providers do this. I used to think there was nothing I could do to circumvent this, but in the course of building support for edited messages, I found a way, and it's not difficult. If there's demand, I could add this feature. Would you want this on a per-subscription basis, or for all your subscriptions?