moderated Re: log activity when someone responds to a poll #suggestion

Another poll suggestion: would it be possible to have a link to the "results so far" to send the group via a message in the poll thread?  I'm looking for a simple way to update group members on the results so far, and to encourage them to take part in the poll. I tried sending the URL for the results page but it just linked back to the thread itself. (This is not as important as my first request, which is that there be some indication in the logs, or any log, that there was activity in the poll. Currently the only way to see that is to go into the actual poll.)