- Sub groups have 2 privacy settings: archives visible to the parentThe Privacy settings for a subgroup could mirror those for the parent group:
- Listed in parent group, archives visible to parent group members
- Listed in parent group, private archives
- Not listed in parent group, private archives
With no option to make the sub group listed in the directory, nor to make its archives publicly viewable.
Question:I can see arguments either way, depending on the nature of the group. So...
The logical selections (to an access control option) would seem to be:
- Off (no one can create a sub group)
- Moderators (this includes owners)
I think the control would be over access to the affordance to create sub groups. That is, selecting "Off" wouldn't affect any existing sub-groups.