moderated Re: Relational Database

Alan Epstein

Thanks for your reply, Mark.

Understood re: DB joins.

I haven't actually tried out the DB forms feature, but I expect it will be fine.

Thanks for keeping this project going. It is a refreshing change from the alternatives.

_Alan

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi Alan,

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Alan Epstein <ade26g@...> wrote:

Do you have any plans to incorporate a relational database schema? The interface is exceptionally friendly, and being able to link tables in a database would be a big win.

Something above and beyond the current Database feature? No, no current plans to add joins/foreign keys/a query language/etc.

Additionally, a forms creation interface that could spill into a DB would be great.

The idea is that the current Database feature does act like a form. You specify the various fields you want, and then when adding a row, it's basically filling out a form. Or were you referring to something else?