moderated Re: Ability to move a message from one group to another #suggestion

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I realize that Groups.io is "a big world" and that the following is a non-trivial request, but it works so well on BleepingComputer (BC) that I can see the general utility of this function here.

Very often a given individual sends/posts a message to a group where it's really "not appropriate" and, as a result, will not likely get the attention it deserves and would get if it were appropriately placed.

Very often the owner/moderator of the group where something lands actually knows where it might be better placed.  When that's the case on BC a moderator can move that message to the appropriate group and a "forwarding place holder" is left in the original location that directly shoots anyone using the web interface to the new location.

As I believe we've talked about here before, I definitely want to add the ability to move messages/topics between subgroups. I think that's doable, but I haven't had a chance to think through all the permissions issues (even if there are any). As for moving between stand-alone groups, I think that'd be a bit more challenging.