moderated Re: calendar invitations

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Ro <recarlton@...> wrote:

My social group on IO has been pretty successful using the invite system.  However there is no way to indicate or allow the inviting of guests.  Meetup for example, allows you to rsvp with a Plus 1 or Plus 2.  And I think Facebook allows indicating bringing a guest too.   It would be great if the event invitations on IO allowed this.    Or if it DOES, and I am missing it, let me know.   Currently I dont see this as an option.

How would this work for events that have a max number of attendees and a waitlist? That is, say I RSVP for an event with a +1. Others then also RSVP and there's a waitlist. What if I want to bump up my +1 to a +2? Or if I remove my +1, so there's now one spot that can go to a waitlisted person, but the first person on the waitlist has a +1 (so would need 2 spots)?